The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) held their 2016 National Conference & Exhibition at the Moscone Center in San Francisco this past October. Projection and AAP have worked together for 27 consecutive years to produce successful and innovative Annual Meetings, and this year’s meeting was no exception. This year’s theme was “Connections” with the goal of bringing pediatric health care professionals from all over the world together in one place to share and learn the latest and greatest in their field. AAP NCE 2016 drew over 15,000 participants to the Golden State. Projection handled all of the audiovisual services including meeting rooms, presentation management, digital signage, capture, mobile polling, overflow on demand, and Keynote design and production.
New this year was the full integration of Poll Everywhere, a mobile ARS solution, with Projection’s Presentation Management system, ProjectionNet. Presenters’ questions were set up in PowerPoint, submitted via ProjectionNet, and then converted into Poll Everywhere questions where audience members onsite could give their answers in real time using their mobile phones. This integration provided a seamless mobile ARS experience for all parties.
A highlight of every AAP National Conference & Exhibition is the opening keynote. This year’s session emotively communicated the importance of a Pediatrician in every child’s life. The challenge was to produce an opening segment that showed how Pediatricians must help children of all ages navigate an ever more “connected” world, while helping them keep in touch with their communities, their parents, and their humanity. The goal was to make the audience of pediatric professionals feel like they were the “Connection.” This concept was achieved by implementing the following mix of technology, design and staging:
- Set design to build on “Connection” concept
- Scripting from concept brainstorm to final draft
- Utilizing live actors from the theater company, Brave New Workshop
- Custom-designed animation illustrating the narrated story
- Playback using two Watchout media servers
- Video Routing using a Barco e2
- Supporting video, audio, and lighting equipment
- Execution on-site with Projection and Local 16 partnership
- Projection Quarterly Newsletter – July 2017
- How Wireless Microphones Could Ruin Your Event
- Projection Quarterly Newsletter – April 2017
- Overcoming the Travel Ban: 3 Ways to Engage Attendees from Afar
- RSA Conference 2017 at Moscone Center
- Projection Quarterly Newsletter – January 2017
- One Dongle to Rule Them All?